Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Winter Sonata

Contains SPOILERS!!!

I finally got around to watching one of the highly critically acclaimed k-dramas in history and I was not disappointed. I mean yeah, there was a lot of tears and crying and I think I've learned how to say I'm sorry in  Korean since you could practically make a montage of the multiple times the characters say that they're sorry in this drama. I can see why this drama is at the center of the Hallyu movement which is the spread of  Korean culture and entertainment. The story is heart-wrenching and moving and it even brought me to tears at the end, and I usually don't cry when I watch Asian dramas because it takes a lot for me to cry and in most Asian dramas it's been said and done before with there being a few exceptions. I really enjoyed watching this drama and even though it's 10+ years old it holds up really well.


The ost of this drama is superb and my top 3 favorite songs are: 

1. Only You - Ryu
2. From the Beginning Until Now - Ryu
3. My Memory - Ryu 

This drama really emphasizes how special your 1st love is and how painful it can be. The ending was great but I felt it was somewhat lacking and rather abrupt.

Score: 9.7


No comments:

Post a Comment