Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Amnesia


Review

I'm a sucker for otome games that are adapted into animes or reverse harem animes. Amnesia is based off of an otome game/visual novel.

Plot: On one fateful day, August 1, the heroine lost all her memories. In order to gain them back and to ease her pain in remembering, she tries to interact with 'him' hoping to live each day as happily as she can, and to make a bright future with him...


To be honest I didn't have much hope for this anime as the previous otome game anime adaptations that I've watched in the past did not live up to their potential standards, but this anime did and I was pleasantly surprised.

CONTAINS SLIGHT SPOILERS!!!


Routes

There are various romantic "routes" or paths that the heroine can take and each of her male suitors corresponds with a deck of playing cards symbol. There are 5 routes: Heart, Spade, Clover, Diamond, and Joker.


Heart Route: Shin

I personally enjoyed Shin's Route and he is my favorite of the male suitors. He's so forceful and kawaii at the same time.



Spade Route: Ikki

Ikki is my 2nd favorite male suitor of the anime and game. He is your typical bishounen and with that he has  his own little club of fan-girls BEWARE...



Clover Route: Kent

Kent is my least favorite male suitor of the suitors. He just gives me big brother vibes and it's off putting...


Diamond Route: Toma

Toma is my 4th favorite of the male suitors and warning he's a yandere...


Joker Route: Ukyo

Ukyo is my 3rd favorite male suitor and he has a split personality, but the sweeter side of his personality outweighs his crazy killer side.

Verdict

If you want to watch a reverse harem that showcases each potential romance in a nice subtle way then this show is for you. The story is driven by mystery and the music particularly the opening and ending themes of this anime is good.

Score: 8.0  



 



No comments:

Post a Comment