Monday, November 5, 2012

Resident Evil 6 Mini-Review/Aeon


Resident Evil 6 Mini-Review/Thoughts


I'm going to start off by saying by I love the Resident Evil Series and that I am probably part of the small fraction of people who doesn't mind the direction that the newer generation of Resident Evil games are going in which is more action-oriented, but of course I also like the classic survival horror style of the Resident Evil games too so I'm not overly nit-picky about the situation. Overall, I enjoyed the story of Resident Evil 6 immensely and was hooked into the story I also greatly enjoyed the the overlapping and intersecting of the characters' story arcs.

Break Down By Campaigns

Chris and Piers


Out of all of the campaigns the Chris and Piers campaign was the one that I liked the least. I guess because it was the weakest story wise and I'm not the biggest Chris Redfield fan in general, but the ending of this campaign moved me to tears.

Verdict: Overall 8.5

Jake and Sherry


I loved this pair as they came into their own throughout the game and they have great chemistry together. The ending for their campaign was cute and it was great seeing Sherry in action holding her own and keeping up with Jake. They balance each other out therefore their campaign was overall balanced.

Verdict: Overall 8.8

Leon and Helena


Leon's and Helena's campaign was my 2nd favorite of the entire game as it mixed just the right amount of action with the classic elements and horror tone of the classic Resident Evil games. I love Helena as a character and she grew on me as the story unfolded and Leon was just as awesome as always.

Verdict Overall 9.3

Ada


Ada's campaign was my overall favorite campaign from Resident Evil 6. Her campaign tied the other 3 stories together and Ada is just a bad-ass in general what more do I need to say?

Verdict: Overall 9.5

Aeon(LeonxAda)


Aeon is my OTP of the Resident Evil Series. I just have so many FEELS for this ship and even though I didn't get as much Leon and Ada interaction in this game as I would have liked I am still content with what interactions they did have throughout the game. People can deny it all they want but you cannot ignore that there are strong feelings between Leon and Ada for each other and this game furthermore cements that and their relationship. Leon and Ada care for each other deeply and would sacrifice their life just to save the other. They are two sides of the same coin. 






No comments:

Post a Comment